Cross-National Equivalent File
The Cross-National Equivalent File 1970-2009, prepared at the Department of Policy Analysis and Management at Cornell University, contains equivalently defined variables for the following surveys:
- The British Household Panel Survey (BHPS)
- The Household Income and Labour Dynamics in Australia (HILDA)
- The Korea Labor and Income Panel Study (KLIPS)
- The Panel Study of Income Dynamics (PSID)
- The Russia Longitudinal Monitoring Survey (RLMS-HSE)
- The Swiss Household Panel (SHP)
- The Canadian Survey of Labour and Income Dynamics (SLID)
- The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP)
The data are designed to allow cross-national researchers not experienced in panel data analysis to access a simplified version of these panels, while providing experienced panel data users with guidelines for formulating equivalent variables across countries. Most importantly, the equivalent file provides a set of constructed variables (for example pre- and post-government income and United States and international household equivalence weights) that are not directly available on the original surveys. The Cross-National Equivalent File 1970-2009 can be merged with the original surveys so users can easily incorporate these constructed variables into current analyses.
Instructions for accessing the data listed above are available here>>.
See the CNEF website>> for more information.